A unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of a brand new, authentic Montessori school in the heart of Chicago!
Position: Full or Part Time Classroom Assistant
Spark Montessori is a start up Montessori school that seeks classroom assistants to support its Toddler (15 months to 3 years) and Primary (3 – 6 years) classrooms.
Key Candidate Skills and Attributes:
- Alignment with organizational mission and values
- Interest in the Montessori pedagogy and a passion for working with children
- Ability to collaborate well with the lead teacher
- Track record of reliability
- Commitment to continuous professional development and growth
- Flexibility: as a start up, staff must be willing and able to creatively and pro-actively solve problems
- Prior experience working in an Early Childhood Education center (Montessori preferred)
- Montessori Paraprofessional training is a plus
- Meet the DCFS requirements for an assistant
Compensation will be competitive and based on experience. Professional development opportunities will be offered.
School Location: Across the street from Horner Park in Chicago.