A unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of a brand new, authentic Montessori school opening in the Fall of 2018 in the heart of Chicago’s north side!
Position: Director of Education
Spark Montessori is a start up Montessori school that seeks a Director of Education to join its leadership team and assist in designing and building the Montessori curriculum and programming for its toddler and primary programs. This will be a working Director role to start with the opportunity to either migrate to a full time administrative position or continue teaching in the classroom as the school grows over time.
Key Candidate Skills and Attributes:
• Alignment with organizational mission and values (see below)
• Passion for the Montessori pedagogy and helping young children achieve their individual potential
• Ability to coach and lead a team of Montessori teachers and assistants for both toddler and primary programs
• Strong communication and collaboration skills with the founders, staff, and parents
• Ability to take ownership of building out the Montessori curriculum and programming
• Ability to consult on classroom design, materials selection, and overall preparation
• Flexibility: as a start up, the leadership team must be willing and able to creatively and pro-actively solve problems
• Commitment to continuous professional development and growth
• Bachelor’s degree
• AMS or AMI certified at the toddler and/or primary level
• At least 5 years of experience working in a Montessori classroom
• Meet the DCFS requirements for a Director
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive and based on experience. Benefits and professional development opportunities will be offered.
School Location: Across the street from Horner Park in Chicago.
Timing: Funding and location have been secured. The build out will begin in February and should complete late summer. The Director of Education would likely come on board full time in October of 2018 with an opportunity to provide intermittent consulting services in the months before then.
If interested in this opportunity to join our leadership team, we would love to speak with you. Please send your resume to Sara Hruska (firstname.lastname@example.org) and schedule time to speak.