Wednesday, May 1 at 6:00 pm
Spark Montessori School
4326 N. California, Chicago, IL 60618
Ever wonder how literacy is supported in a Montessori classroom? Come join us as we dig deeper into the Montessori approach to helping children learn to love all aspects of language: speaking, writing, and reading.
Some topics will include:
- Rich vocabulary and modeling in the toddler community
- The progression of language cards with objects
- The introduction of sandpaper letters
- Writing before reading through the movable alphabet
- Learning to read spontaneously vs. directly
- The benefits of cursive
- The benefits of a phonetic-based language program
Please RSVP in Facebook so we know how many people to expect. Click here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1510229445779570/
Childcare can be provided by reserving a spot via Messenger at least 2 days before the day of the event.