Position: Primary Lead Teacher
Spark Montessori is a start up Montessori school that seeks a lead teacher to guide a classroom with children ages 3-6 years old.
Key Candidate Skills and Attributes:
- Alignment with organizational mission and values (see below)
- Passion for the Montessori pedagogy and working with toddlers
- Exhibit patience, organization, and leadership in the classroom
- Ability to coach/mentor classroom assistants
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the founders, staff, and parents
- Flexibility: as a start up, staff must be willing and able to creatively and pro-actively solve problems
- Commitment to continuous professional development and growth
- AMS or AMI certified at the primary level (3-6)
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Montessori classroom
- Meet the DCFS requirements for a teacher
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive and based on experience. Benefits and professional development opportunities will be offered.
School Location: Across the street from Horner Park in Chicago.
If interested in this opportunity to join our leadership team, we would love to speak with you. Please send your resume to Sara Hruska (firstname.lastname@example.org) and schedule time to speak.